An artist in the classroom creates excitement, exposes students to the art-making process and introduces them to the work of a practicing artist.
Mix n' Match Residencies
Brenna has a variety of options for residency workshops.
Teachers can choose a focus for a project, a process and a medium.
Cyanotype banner by Blakeburn Elementary Students, Coquitlam,
for Who We Are, an Artstarts project.
• Skill e.g. cyanotype, printmaking
• Theme e.g. nature
• Curriculum e.g. science, social responsibility
• Individual projects; students create their own art work.
• Collaborative Projects; students work on art together.
• Textile Art
Fall Banner, Stave Falls Elementary School
Residency Workshops Include:
• Discussion and collaboration with teachers
• Introduction to Brenna's work
• Lesson planning and preparation
Funding for residency workshops is available through
ArtStarts in Schools (opens new window).